I have been reading a lot of blogs about us mothers feeling guilty when we make decisions for our children challenged or not. It seems like we as mothers feel really guilty if we don’t seemingly make the right choices concerning our children.
I have been going through these same feelings of guilt even though Sarah has been out the house for a couple of years. Some people might say that I have too much time on my hands and I am thinking too much.
They might be right, but the fact of the matter is, is that I have been trying to write a book about my experiences with Sarah and her different challenges. I have gotten to a particular area in the book I am writing that has put me on this roller coaster ride of emotions.
Let me tell you something about guilt. It is a snare and a trap. No matter who you are or what you are going through guilt will try to rob you of everything you have. As my daughter Anna pointed out to me yesterday “You made the choices you had to make at that time and back then the choices were limited.” She’s right.
Guilt will try to rob you of any kind of happiness that you ever hope to have, even what small windows of happiness you have with your child/children.
Sarah doesn’t hold any animosity toward the decisions we have made concerning her and her life. She believes the decisions that we have made concerning her has helped her on the path she is on now, which is a good path for her.
Don’t let guilt rob you of your happiness. Our children need us to be well-rounded so they can be well-rounded, and that includes us being happy. If you have to, look for your happiness, search it out, you and your family need you to do that more than they need you to try to fix what may or may not be a problem for them.
- Mother’s need to let go of being selfish (christinasgetfitclub.wordpress.com)
- Blogging helps me through my guilt. (mythoughtsonapage.com)
- How Do I Get Rid of the Guilt? (caregiving.com)
- Mother’s Guilt (phenomenalmama.com)
- Mom Life: Balance, Guilt (momlifebluewife.com)
- Guilt Revisited (carlybrake.wordpress.com)
- My Guilt Over Parenting Choices (theoliversmadhouse.co.uk)
- Guilt and Our Mistakes (anchoredministry.wordpress.com)
- Parental Guilt… Let’s Talk About It (middleclassmommy.wordpress.com)
- Mommy Guilt (jennifermarshcurtis.wordpress.com)