It is so hard to believe that there is 1 in 50 children diagnosed with some form of Autism now! When Sarah was diagnosed in 1991 it was 1 in 10,000. My how things change! I am glad that there is much more awareness about Autism than their was then. I have to wonder though what are we getting closer to now that the awareness is out there? Are we getting closer to a cure? Or are we getting closer to just being able to live with it? Or maybe both??
- Autism-1 in 50. Better Diagnosis or something else? (rockinautismmom.com)
- Autism Prevalence: Can It Be 1 in 50? (psychologytoday.com)
- Autism Diagnoses Rise Among U.S. Children, CDC Finds – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- More kids diagnosed with autism as they get older (vitals.nbcnews.com)
- Autism Awareness: New insights and research (momentumblog.bcm.edu)