I have been reading some articles that say there are sometimes wrinkles in or on the placenta that has caused concern for a possible Autism diagnosis. This is really interesting for me because when I was in labor with Sarah my placenta separated from her. When I was in labor with her I was hemorrhaging and that is when the placenta separated. Very interesting.
- A newborn’s placenta may reveal autism risk (usatoday.com)
- Scientists find clues to autism risk in placentas (cbsnews.com)
- Placenta Helps Predict Autism Risk (medindia.net)
- Abnormal placenta may reveal newborn’s autism risk (foxnews.com)
- Autism risk spotted at birth in abnormal placentas (medicalxpress.com)